Dakota Spirit is recognized as one of the top competitive cheerleading programs in the region. A USASF Certified Gym, Dakota Spirit celebrates 25 years of cheer this season! Established in 1997 by founder Robin Fritsch, the program has grown to 18 teams, a variety of classes for all ages, and a full scale program of camps, clinics & choreography services. What makes Dakota Spirit different from the rest is the Christ centered environment. We place faith at the core of our program. Our veteran coaches continue to lead our program with a standard of excellence.
Established in 1997 by founder Robin Fritsch, the program began with 12 young girls and was first known as Dakota Spirit Supersquads. The program has grown to 18 teams, a variety of classes for all ages, and a full scale program of camps, clinics & choreography services. Dakota Spirit has a place for every child with a variety of classes and teams that fit any experience and commitment level. Our experienced staff will help your child develop as an athlete both physically and mentally! Come join the best!
Robin Fritsch, the director and founder of Dakota Spirit has her Masters Degree in Elementary Education and has taught classes from preschool to college. Robin has an extensive background in the cheer and dance industry including:
- National Federation Regional Contributor of the Year
- 28 years of coaching including college, high school, competitive, and youth
- Founder of the South Dakota Cheer Leading Coaches Association
- Nominated for several regional & national awards including SITA Hall of Fame,
- UPA Hall of Fame
- UPA National Coach of the Year
- Dance Extreme Legacy of Achievement Award
Stephanie Van de Walle